Samstag, 23. April 2022

Anti-Semitism in Regensburg

 

Anti-Semitism in Regensburg (ENGLISH)


(Author: Robert Rickler, board member and spokesman for the "Freundeskreis Israel in Regensburg und Oberbayern e.V.")


I had already written an article about anti-Semitism in Germany.

Today I am writing an article about anti-Semitism in Regensburg.


Today, April 23 2022, at around 7 p.m., there was an anti-Semitic incident in Regensburg.


I was on my way to the Jewish community and I had an Israeli flag in my hand, which I had tied to my umbrella.


About 30 meters from the entrance to the Jewish community someone suddenly said, “Das nix gut.” (Translation: "This not good."), grabbed the Israeli flag, snatched it and the umbrella from me and ran away.


You've got to hand it to him, he was able to run fast.


I started to run after him but tripped and hit the cobblestones with my left knee.


The left knee is now bloody and painful.


Let's leave it to the legal professionals to determine whether there is a criminal connection between the attack and the knee injury, but that is not the focus of this article.


The salient point of the matter is the fact that it was primarily an attack on the flag of Israel, in the center of which is the Star of David, the symbol of Judaism, which according to Wilhelm Marr's 1879 definition of the word anti-Semitism “Hostility to Jews in all its facets” has a crystal clear case of anti-Semitism.


To be clear once and for all: anti-Israel is anti-Semitism, period.


Someone was kind enough to bring back the umbrella, which the anti-Semitic motivated attacker had obviously separated from the flag and dropped.


Of course I will buy a new Israeli flag and show it in public again.


The anti-Semitic motivated attacker messed with the wrong person, as these photos show. I'm not Jewish myself, but a picture is telling more than a thousand words.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.